Do you want to kick off the new academic year by getting involved with a new exercise class? What if we told you that we have a programme that will not only get those endorphins pumping, but will also give you the chance to socialise and get involved with a range of new and fun activities.
Our programme, MOVE, (see what we did there) is here to get you moving (and again), and get involved with a new hobby.
Check out our top ten reasons for getting involved with MOVE and let’s get moving!
- Join a community! We are a large group of students, staff and members of the public all with one common aim – we want to MOVE.
- It’s an opportunity to get active and improve your physical and mental health.
- It’s great for your wellbeing. Exercise isn’t just about improving your physical health, but it will also have a positive impact on your mental health, which is just as important. Test yourself by learning a new skill, relieve your stress with yoga, or challenge your social skills and come to one of our Hallslife events, to meet new people.
- Maybe you want a workout? We can help! Why not swing those hips with Zumba or work on your 5K PB with one of our running instructors?
- It’s an opportunity to get competitive! MOVE works closely with The Students’ Union sports clubs to bring you the competitive feel of a sports team with all of the social benefits. We’ll bring authentic coaching from our Rugby, American Football, Dodgeball and Archery clubs, (and that’s just the start of the list). We even have intramural leagues for Football and Netball.
- We support your most loved campaigns. If it’s important to you, it’s important to us! We support charity events and love to organise events for Movember, This Girl Can and Mental Health Awareness Week. We also get involved with a whole host of wellbeing initiatives, including Feel Good February and #UWESaysRelax.
- We’re affordable! With three different payment options available for all members, it is easier than ever to get involved. Click here to check out our payment options.
- We have volunteering opportunities. Do you want to learn more about working in sport? Or maybe you want some volunteering opportunities on your CV. We are looking for MOVE activators to help us run our sessions and keep our community talking. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- You have the chance to try something completely different. Ever seen Rock Climbing, Aerial Hoop or Skiing, and thought “I’d love to try that!”? Well now is your chance. You can attend a six week, instructor led ‘learn-to’ course where you will get 1-1 attention in learning your new skills.
- Finally, we have FUN!